Monday, January 19, 2009

Beautiful Buttons

Ok. I'll admit it... I am a self-proclaimed button addict. I love the different shapes, colours, textures... and of course the price! I first discovered buttons on a sketch challenge for Scrap Witch last year (sorry ladies, I can't remember which one). I cut them off of an old shirt (ok, maybe not so old... but I'm sure it wasn't missed...), and was completely happy with the way they worked. I then found a small stash at the dollar store, but quickly graduated to the wide, wonderful world of EBAY. At which time I suffered from temporary insanity and went a little crazy with my bidding ending up with about 10lbs of buttons!

Primarily I use buttons for flower centers (easier and faster than using brads), and sometimes I make the entire flower out of buttons. Lately I've become addicted to using them for borders... even if it is a little over the top sometimes...


This is the sketch challenge for January at Scrap Witch... well, it started out being the sketch challenge anyway... now it resembles ATTACK OF THE BUTTONS. I can't help it, they are so versatile! As an after thought, I wish I had of made my title a little more distinctive, but I like the cut and paste look.

Speaking of buttons, anyone interested in a swap?

No comments: